By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Reading: Governor Mutuma assures smooth transition in removal of Mwangaza’s Cabinet
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Newsunplug Kenya > Blog > News > Governor Mutuma assures smooth transition in removal of Mwangaza’s Cabinet
News

Governor Mutuma assures smooth transition in removal of Mwangaza’s Cabinet

new5nuke
Last updated: March 19, 2025 6:36 am
new5nuke
5 months ago
Share
SHARE

New Meru Governor Isaac Mutuma M’Ethingia on Monday held his first Cabinet Meeting, made of members appointed by his predecessor Kawira Mwangaza.

In the Cabinet meeting, Governor Mutuma assured the CECMs and Chief Officers that their exit and transition will be smooth without any harassment.

Governor Mutuma said he has extensively motivated them to ensure smooth transition when he names his new Cabinet soon.

As a result of the new administration, the Meru County Assembly has also withdrawn impeachment motions they had tabled against 6 of the 10 members of Mwangaza’s Cabinet.

After his swearing in on Monday, governor Mutuma requested the Members of County Assembly (MCAs) to allow the CECMs go home with dignity, as they are constitutionally supposed to vacate office with exit of Mwangaza.

The officials that had been targeted in the impeachment included; County Secretary Dr. Kiambi Atheru, Ibrahim Mutwiri (Finance), Thurania Ithana (Roads), Benjamin Mungania (Youth and Sports) and Dickson Munene (Legal Affairs).

Jackson Muthamia (Water), Yusuf Kithure (Education) and Harriet Makena (Trade) have been targeted under censure motions.

READ MORE  Competition Authority Of Kenya Says 10 Insurance Companies Under Probe

A motion for removal of the CECMs was tabled on grounds of gross misconduct, abuse office and incompetence.

Other accusations include failure to attend County Assembly sessions and addressing critical issues within their ministries, raising concerns and questions among residents about the county’s performance.

Emmanuel Macron puts on a brave face with his wife Brigitte, a day after she shoved him in viral video
Kasipul MP Charles Were shot dead in Nairobi
DCI to support Safaricom in fraud investigations
Zambia Offers Kenyan Farmers Land For Large Scale Farming
Schedule, Teams, Format: All To Know About The Indian Premier League 2024
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article Netanyahu says Gaza strikes ‘only the beginning’
Next Article Somali militants target presidential convoy in bomb attack, president safe
about us

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.

Recent Posts

  • #Transfer: ‘We can’t afford Man United’s demand’ – Real Betis pulls out on Antony deal
  • Transfer: Arsenal, Liverpool confirm deals for Kabia, McConnell
  • #EPL: Gary Neville, Roy Keane express worry over two Man Utd players
  • Mourinho sacked as Fenerbahce manager
  • Ebang Engonga jailed for embezzlement after s3x tape scandal

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
© Newsunplug Kenya. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?