Mbavu Destroyer shares why he has not moved out of mum’s house despite online popularity

new5nuke

Street boxer and internet sensation Mbavu Destroyer has explained why he continues to live with his mother despite his growing fame.

Speaking in an interview with YouTuber Vickie Vickinah on Sunday, February 15, 2026, Mbavu revealed that while he previously lived in Nyando, circumstances have made it necessary for him to stay at his mother’s home as he seeks income-generating opportunities.

“At home, things are okay, but as you know, there are always challenges. My mum lives in Mbote, and I was staying in Nyando, but I was born in Mbote. I cannot go back to Dandora now because things are difficult, so I have to live at my mum’s place while I look for income-generating jobs,” he shared.

Mbavu emphasised that he remains confident he will secure work, attributing his optimism to the prayers his mother regularly offers on his behalf.

“I am confident I will get some work because of the prayers my mum always makes for me,” he said.

Mbavu Destroyer and his mum. PHOTO/Screengrab by K24 Digital of TikTok video by @vickievickinah.

He also spoke about the pressures that come with online fame, noting that being noticed and trending can easily confuse people into thinking they have everything, but he keeps a grounded mentality.

READ MORE  Lance Reddick, an actor in the popular HBO series The Wire, has died aged 60

He rejects the idea of showing off or bragging about his success, saying that such behaviour is unnecessary and unproductive.

“About trending online and the confusion that comes with fame, I usually remind myself not to brag or show off. That’s not my mentality, so I stay grounded,” he added.

Boxing Academy support

The revelation comes just days after Geoffrey Mosiria enrolled Mbavu Destroyer in a private boxing academy ahead of his high-stakes match against Majembe.

While confirming the development via a statement on his social media accounts on Monday, February 9, 2026, Mosiria stated that the move is necessary to sharpen Mbavu’s skills, as he also benefits from training and mentorship.

Mosiria promised to support the boxer in his preparation, exuding confidence that he will floor Majembe in the highly anticipated boxing match.

“I will personally support him with everything necessary to ensure he gets the best preparation possible and steps into the ring confident, strong, and ready to win,” he said.

Geoffrey Mosiria with Mbavu the Destroyer. PHOTO/PHOTO/ https://www.facebook.com/kiongozi.mosiriake
Geoffrey Mosiria with Mbavu the Destroyer. /PHOTO/ https://www.facebook.com/kiongozi.mosiriake

The Nairobi County Chief Officer for Citizen Engagement and Customer Service also thanked the president for promising Ksh1 million each to Mbavu Destroyer and Majembe.

READ MORE  Details of Abel Mutua’s attack in town for stealing Sarah Hassan from OJ

According to Mosiria, the gesture will not only motivate the duo but will also uplift sports development in the country.

“I also sincerely appreciate H.E. President William Samoei Ruto for his commitment to award both Mbavu Destroyer and Majembe KSh 1 million each. This generous support will go a long way in motivating these young talents and uplifting sports development in our community. We believe in our youth; when given the right platform and support, they can achieve greatness,” he added.

The duo gained traction on social media due to their dedication and raw talent despite lacking formal ring experience.

Share This Article