By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Reading: Diddy files legal motion to dismiss lawsuit from woman who alleged he s3xually assaulted her in 1991
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Newsunplug Kenya > Blog > Entertainment > Diddy files legal motion to dismiss lawsuit from woman who alleged he s3xually assaulted her in 1991
Entertainment

Diddy files legal motion to dismiss lawsuit from woman who alleged he s3xually assaulted her in 1991

new5nuke
Last updated: April 28, 2024 3:45 am
new5nuke
1 year ago
Share
SHARE

Lawyers for Hip Hop mogul, Sean “Diddy” Combs have pushed back against a woman’s lawsuit that accused him of sexual assault, filing a motion to dismiss some claims that were not under the law when the alleged incident occurred.

The motion filed on Friday in a New York court claims Combs cannot be sued because certain laws didn’t exist when Joi Dickerson-Deal made the allegations against him in 1991.

The music mogul’s lawyers want certain statutes from Dickerson-Deal’s claims such as revenge porn and human trafficking to be dismissed with prejudice.

In a filing last year, she said Combs “intentionally drugged” her then brought her home and sexually assaulted her after a date in Harlem when she was a 19-year-old college student.

Without her knowledge, Combs videotaped the assault and later shared it with several friends in the music industry, the suit alleges. He denied the allegations, accusing her of seeking to exploit the New York law that temporarily extended the statute of limitations.

Dickerson-Deal’s claim came nearly three decades after his alleged misconduct and the New York State Revenge Porn Law was not codified until 2019, Combs’ lawyers said.

READ MORE  Kenyans raise Sh3 million for Njambi Koikai’s funeral and hospital bills

His attorneys also pointed out a few others including the New York Services for Victims of Human Trafficking Law, which came into effect in 2007.

Last month, Combs’ properties in Los Angeles and Miami were raided by federal authorities in a sex trafficking investigation.

In a lawsuit Combs settled the day after it was filed in November, his former protege and girlfriend, the R&B singer Cassie, sued him alleging years of sexual abuse, including rape. The lawsuit said he forced her to have sex with male prostitutes while he filmed them.

 

Citizen TV’s Lulu Hassan speaks highly of late Rita Tinina – Exclusive
Roc Nation Shuts Down JAY-Z Album Rumors
Pritty Vishy won’t reveal new bae
Prince Indah’s promise to fans ahead of launch of his Album
Jamaican dancehall star, Vybz Kartel denied bail following overturned murder conviction
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article EPL: It was not my decision to sign Havertz – Arteta
Next Article EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League
about us

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.

Recent Posts

  • #Transfer: ‘We can’t afford Man United’s demand’ – Real Betis pulls out on Antony deal
  • Transfer: Arsenal, Liverpool confirm deals for Kabia, McConnell
  • #EPL: Gary Neville, Roy Keane express worry over two Man Utd players
  • Mourinho sacked as Fenerbahce manager
  • Ebang Engonga jailed for embezzlement after s3x tape scandal

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
© Newsunplug Kenya. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?