Gachagua warns of anarchy, alleges plot to delay 2027 polls

new5nuke
DCP leader Rigathi Gachagua has accused the government of orchestrating violence in Homa Bay as part of an alleged plan to disrupt and postpone the 2027 General Election.

Speaking on Tuesday while meeting a delegation of Ukambani leaders at Wamunyoro, Gachagua claimed President William Ruto was angered by intelligence that opposition leaders Edwin Sifuna and Babu Owino were due to address a large gathering in Homa Bay.

Gachagua alleged that a gang known as the “Hammer Boys” had been mobilised to disrupt the meeting, claiming Ksh.60 million had been released for the operation.

He further alleged that Nairobi-based police officers had been deployed to provide backup.

He claimed one police officer had been killed and 22 vehicles destroyed during the unrest.

Gachagua also accused Interior Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen of being directed to create conditions that would allow the 2027 elections to be postponed by two years.

He further claimed the IEBC was part of a plan to create conditions for an election postponement and declaration of a two-year state of emergency.

“They are setting the stage to postpone the election and declare a state of emergency for two years,” Gachagua said.

READ MORE  Thailand Moves Closer To Legalising Same-sex Unions As Parliament Passes Landmark Bill

The DCP leader called on the international community, including the United States and Germany, to intervene, warning that the country could descend into anarchy.

Gachagua also called for a single opposition presidential candidate in 2027, saying he was ready to lead the ticket or serve as campaign director if another candidate was chosen.

“The best way to win this election is a single presidential candidate,” he said.

He said efforts to unite Mt Kenya East, South and West were part of a broader political mobilisation, while dismissing rival formations as attempts to divide the region.

DCP Secretary-General John Methu separately accused the Ruto administration of taking Kenya back to the politically charged environment of 1992.

“President Ruto has now decided that he can take us the direction of 1992,” Methu said.

Methu also criticised emerging political movements from Murang’a, Laikipia and Nakuru, accusing them of attempting to divide Mt Kenya.

Share This Article