A family in Matili, Kimilili Constituency, Bungoma County, is demanding justice after their kin was attacked with acid and killed by unknown assailants.
The family is now appealing to the government to investigate the circumstances surrounding the young man’s death and ensure those responsible are brought to justice.
According to the deceased’s mother, Eunice Kisiangani, her son was the family’s only son and a key breadwinner who supported his relatives.
Speaking during an interview on Monday, August 17, 2026, she said his death had left the family devastated and struggling to come to terms with the sudden loss.
“Serikali mtusaidie mtoto wetu aliuwawa kinyama tunataka haki, mtoto wangu ako na familia mtusaidie,” Eunice Kisiangani said.
The grieving mother pleaded with the government to intervene, saying the family wanted answers over the circumstances that led to her son’s death.

Family demands justice
Kisiangani described her son as an important pillar of the family, saying his death had created a painful gap for his relatives and his own family.
She said the family had not anticipated losing him in such circumstances and was now looking to authorities to establish what happened.
The mother’s appeal comes as questions continue to surround the circumstances of the acid attack and subsequent killing.
She did not provide details on what may have led to the attack or identify the people believed to be behind it.
The family is therefore calling on investigators to establish the motive for the killing and determine whether anyone was involved.

Call for investigations
Bukusu community chairman David Kasili also expressed concern over the killing, describing the deceased as a dependable young man whose death had deeply affected his family.
Kasili said the family was seeking justice and urged the government to take appropriate action against anyone found responsible.
He said the deceased had been a young man the family relied on, making his death particularly painful.
“Ile kitendo walimufanyia, hii familia imehuzunika sana, na wale ambao wamepatikana tunaomba haki itendeke na serikali ichukuwe mkondo wake, huyu kijana alikuwa ni kijana wa tengemeo sana na sasa hiyo kifo nikama wametunyang’anya na hatukuwa tunatarajia,” Kasili said.
Appeal to the government
The attack has left the deceased’s relatives seeking answers about what happened before his death.
They are now appealing to the government to assist in uncovering the truth behind the killing and ensuring that justice is served.
