Police order Kassim Abdi Sebu to surrender to DCI over role in Homa Bay violence

new5nuke

The National Police Service (NPS) has ordered Kassim Abdi Sebu to surrender to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) Homa Bay County headquarters over his alleged association with the violence witnessed in Homa Bay on Sunday.

In a statement issued on Tuesday, NPS spokesperson Muchiri Nyaga said Sebu had been linked to the mayhem that erupted in the county during the Linda Mwananchi tour on August 16, 2026.

Sebu is required to report to the County DCI headquarters as police continue investigations into the incidents.

The police update comes as investigations into the violence continue, with several suspects already arrested and taken to court.

“One Kassim Abdi Sebu, who is being associated with the mayhem witnessed in Homa Bay, has been ordered to report to the County DCI Headquarters, Homa Bay,” said Nyaga.

“In Homa Bay, 12 suspects took plea and have been placed under various bond terms, while two more are being investigated for gun-related incidents and shall be produced in court upon the finalisation of investigations.”

The NPS said the two suspects will be presented in court once investigations are finalised.

READ MORE  Missing Nairobi businessman found dead in Mombasa

Meanwhile, in Kisumu, the NPS said all 15 suspects arrested with various crude weapons on the eve of a rally were produced in court.

The DCI has been given four days to conduct further investigations into the suspects.

Police also ordered one Oliver Jaoko, alias Olivetti, who is linked to the 15 suspects, to report to the Regional DCI Headquarters in Kisumu.

The NPS said it would continue pursuing individuals involved in acts of violence and criminality, warning that those involved in gang violence and mayhem would be dealt with firmly within the law.

“We shall remain on this path until all acts of violence and criminality are brought to an end,” Nyaga said.

Share This Article