By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Reading: In an attempt to identify 46 deceased “cold case” women, Interpol
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Newsunplug Kenya > Blog > News > In an attempt to identify 46 deceased “cold case” women, Interpol
News

In an attempt to identify 46 deceased “cold case” women, Interpol

Ivy Irungu
Last updated: October 8, 2024 5:42 am
Ivy Irungu
11 months ago
Share
SHARE

On Tuesday, Interpol launched a new phase of its “Identify Me” campaign, aiming to identify 46 women whose remains were discovered in Europe, many in suspicious or unexplained circumstances. The global police organization, based in Lyon, France, is focusing on unsolved cases, some dating back decades.

The campaign builds on the success of an earlier 2023 appeal to identify 22 deceased women, which generated 1,800 public tips. The new initiative has expanded to include cold cases from Belgium, Germany, and the Netherlands, along with newly participating countries like France, Italy, and Spain.

“Even the smallest piece of information can be vital in helping solve these cold cases,” said Interpol Secretary General Jurgen Stock, encouraging the public to share memories or tips that could uncover crucial details.

One of the previous campaign’s successes came in November last year when the body of a woman, found murdered 31 years ago in a Belgian river, was identified as Briton Rita Roberts. Her identification was made possible due to a distinctive tattoo of a black flower with green leaves, which a family member recognized.

READ MORE  Employees of Gachagua were shut out of Harambee House.

Interpol is now publishing images of the women’s faces, as well as items such as jewelry and clothing found at the crime scenes, hoping the public can help identify the deceased.

“Our goal is simple,” Stock said. “We want to identify the deceased women, bring answers to families, and deliver justice to the victims. The public could be the key to unlocking a name, a past, and delivering long-overdue justice.”

EACC cautions governors over hiring of illegal staff
Kagame Secures 99.15 Percent of the Vote in Rwandan Election
KRA Commissioner General Githii Mburu resigns
How the Uhuru Gardens Harmony for Haiti event went
MCA Maurice Ochieng’s request to Sakaja on school food
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article Nyandarua: Demands coordinated action to curb rising crime
Next Article Gachagua attacks MPs with firearms before their trial
about us

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.

Recent Posts

  • #Transfer: ‘We can’t afford Man United’s demand’ – Real Betis pulls out on Antony deal
  • Transfer: Arsenal, Liverpool confirm deals for Kabia, McConnell
  • #EPL: Gary Neville, Roy Keane express worry over two Man Utd players
  • Mourinho sacked as Fenerbahce manager
  • Ebang Engonga jailed for embezzlement after s3x tape scandal

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
© Newsunplug Kenya. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?