Popular TikToker Eugenia West has admitted to visiting the viral Russian man, identified as Yaytseslav, at his apartment during his visit to Ghana.
In a video shared on her official account on Saturday, February 14, 2026, West says she went to his apartment, insisting that it is not what people assume.
She further explained that the statement is meant to clear her name before any of her videos are released by Yaytseslav.
“I need to clear my name about the Russian guy who was in Ghana. I am part of the ladies that this Russian guy lured to his apartment, but I can explain,” West disclosed.
“My video is not out yet, and before it comes out, I want to let you know that it is not the way you guys are thinking.”

In addition, the TikToker appealed to the public not to castigate her once the video is released, stating that they do not know the reasons she followed him to his apartment.
“When the video comes out, please do not cast me, because you do not know why I followed him to his apartment,” she added.
Legal action
West’s confession follows after Ghana’s Ministry of Gender, Children, and Social Protection (MoGCSP) vowed to pursue legal action after the Russian man engaged in sexual activities with some Ghanaian women and circulated videos of the acts online without their consent.
In a statement issued on Saturday, February 14, 2026, the Ministry’s Public Affairs Unit revealed that preliminary information indicates that the individual may not currently be within Ghana’s jurisdiction.
“The Ministry of Gender, Children, and Social Protection (MoGCSP) has taken note of reports involving a foreign national who allegedly engaged in sexual activities with some Ghanaian women and recorded and circulated those acts without consent,” the statement read in part.
However, the ministry emphasised that this does not reduce the seriousness of the conduct or the state’s responsibility to pursue accountability.
Non-consensual recording and distribution of intimate images is a criminal offence and a clear violation of personal dignity and privacy.
“Preliminary information indicates that the individual may not currently be within the country’s jurisdiction. This, however, does not reduce the seriousness of the alleged conduct or the state’s responsibility to pursue accountability. The non-consensual recording and distribution of intimate images is a criminal offence and a clear violation of dignity and privacy,” the statement added.
The ministry said that before these reports, it had already been working with the Ministry of Communication and Digital Innovations and relevant agencies on measures to prevent and respond to image-based sexual abuse.
These efforts include digital safety interventions, engagement with online platforms, and mechanisms for reporting and taking down abusive content. The Ministry noted that these measures are now being applied to this matter by the relevant authorities.
![A back view of the Russian man who stirred controversy after posting videos recorded with local women [L]. The Russian man seen recording an encounter with a local woman in a hotel room in one of the videos he shared online [R]. PHOTOS/Screengrab by K24 Digital](https://k24.digital/wp-content/uploads/2026/02/WhatsApp-Image-2026-02-14-at-07.23.21-1.jpeg)
“It is important to state that, before these reports, the Ministry of Gender, Children, and Social Protection had already been working with the Ministry of Communication and Digital Innovations and its relevant agencies on measures to prevent and respond to image-based sexual abuse. These ongoing efforts include digital safety interventions, engagement with online platforms, and mechanisms for reporting and taking down abusive content. These measures are now being applied to this matter by the relevant authorities,” the ministry noted.
MoGCSP confirmed that it is coordinating closely with the Ghana Police Service, other security institutions, and international partners to explore all lawful options, including cross-border cooperation and mutual legal assistance.
Support services, including psychosocial care and legal assistance, are being provided through confidential channels to ensure the privacy and well-being of affected individuals.
The Ministry also reminded the public to exercise caution in interactions both online and offline and reiterated its commitment to protecting the rights, safety, and dignity of all persons.

“The Ministry continues to work with the Ghana Police Service, relevant security institutions, and international partners to explore all lawful options available, including cross-border cooperation and mutual legal assistance. Support services, including psychosocial care and legal assistance, are being coordinated through. confidential channels to ensure privacy and well-being,” the ministry added.
