By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Reading: Blast at Russia explosives factory kills six
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Newsunplug Kenya > Blog > Metro > Blast at Russia explosives factory kills six
Metro

Blast at Russia explosives factory kills six

new5nuke
Last updated: July 8, 2023 5:18 am
new5nuke
2 years ago
Share
SHARE

A blast at an explosives factory in the central Russian region of Samara killed six people and injured two others, Russian authorities said on Friday.

The explosion occurred at the Promsintez plant in the city of Chapayevsk, Russia’s industrial safety watchdog, Rostekhnadzor, said.

Six people died and another two received injuries during repair work on a section of a nitrogen pipeline, the watchdog said in a statement.

Alexander Khinshtein, a lawmaker representing the region of Samara, said the accident happened during welding works. Citing preliminary information, he said on messaging app Telegram that the pipes could have contained the traces of explosives.

Promsintez is one of the main manufacturers of industrial explosives in Russia and the former Soviet Union.

The company employs 1,300 people and supplies the mining and oil and gas sector, according to its website.

The company that owns the factory was created in 1997, but the plant dates back to pre-revolutionary Russia, founded by the country’s last tsar, Nicholas II, in 1911.

Accidents at Russian factories — including deadly ones — are relatively common, with an often lax approach to safety procedures.

READ MORE  Mystery of parcel with three human fingers and six bullets delivered in Eldoret

Last month, five people were killed in an explosion at a gunpower factory in the Tambov region, southeast of Moscow.

Many factories have been running at full speed in Russia since the start of the offensive in Ukraine.

Kenyan court rules it can hear case against Facebook’s Meta over sacking of employees
Blogger Maverick Aoko: Ruto’s allies have dumped me
Women pastoralist are advised to take up leadership roles and combat marginalization.
3 suspects charged with defrauding Iranian national Ksh64M in fake gold deal
Eight relatives were admitted to MTRH following a six-person accident
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article EPL: Arsenal announce deals for three players
Next Article #EPL: We’re waiting for them – Pochettino gives update on two Chelsea players
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

about us

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.

Recent Posts

  • #Transfer: ‘We can’t afford Man United’s demand’ – Real Betis pulls out on Antony deal
  • Transfer: Arsenal, Liverpool confirm deals for Kabia, McConnell
  • #EPL: Gary Neville, Roy Keane express worry over two Man Utd players
  • Mourinho sacked as Fenerbahce manager
  • Ebang Engonga jailed for embezzlement after s3x tape scandal

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
© Newsunplug Kenya. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?