By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Reading: Crackdown on noisy clubs in Nairobi underway
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Newsunplug Kenya > Blog > Metro > Crackdown on noisy clubs in Nairobi underway
Metro

Crackdown on noisy clubs in Nairobi underway

new5nuke
Last updated: August 19, 2023 2:48 am
new5nuke
2 years ago
Share
SHARE

A renewed crackdown on noisy nightclubs and bars in residential areas of Nairobi is underway, with a change in strategy to tackle this long-standing issue.

Nairobi Regional Commissioner Katee Mwanza issued a circular dated August 17, directing all Deputy County Commissioners to take action against these establishments.

The circular, obtained by Nairobi News, highlights concerns that some noisy clubs continue their operations due to protection from corrupt officers.

Under the new directive, Deputy County Commissioners have been instructed to compile a list of clubs and bars operating in residential areas within their sub-counties.

This list will be submitted to the Regional Commissioner’s office by the close of business on Friday, August 18.

“Submit a confidential list of officers involved in the protection of illegal activities in support of the night club (s) operators…ensure continues surveillance to ensure that the clubs do not re-engage in their illegal operations,” Ms Mwanza said.

Ms Mwanza emphasized the importance of continuous surveillance to prevent the clubs from resuming their illegal operations once the action has been taken.

She also urged the enforcement of government guidelines, which dictate that no clubs should operate in residential areas or within 300 meters of learning institutions.

READ MORE  Migori: Police investigating r@p3, murder of 20-year-old woman

The initial directive to address this issue came from national and county governments, leading to the formation of multi-agency teams by relevant staff members.

The goal was to ensure that clubs comply with regulations and not disrupt residential neighborhoods.

Deputy County Commissioners have been forewarned that they will be held accountable if they fail to execute the given orders. The urgency of enforcement is evident, as the noise and disturbances from these establishments have been a long-standing concern for residents.

The Bar, Hotels and Liquor Traders Association of Kenya (BHALITA) Secretary-General, Mr Boniface Gachoka, revealed they were caught by surprise by the circular and expressed concern over the potential impact on their businesses.

“We will issue our stand on the letter from Regional Commissioner,” Mr Gachoka told Nairobi News.

Adding, “We have also sought help from environmental experts to advise our members about noise pollution and soundproofing,” Gachoka explained, “BHALITA has already advised our members to apply diplomatic ways with the neighbours like joining same WhatsApp groups so that whenever they hear loud noise, it will be easy to deal with such clubs.”

READ MORE  North Korea imprisoned entire family, including a two-year-old child for life after a Bible was discovered in their possession

At the same time, Gachoka added that BHALITA and concerned authorities, including Nairobi County government and Regional Commissioner, will meet next week to iron out the issues.

Last year, a similar crackdown was initiated by then-Nairobi Governor Johnson Sakaja. The effort garnered support from President William Ruto, who publicly endorsed the move to curb noise pollution in residential areas.

Following compliance measures, some previously closed clubs were allowed to reopen, provided they adhered to soundproofing regulations.

Court orders suspect in Ksh37.5 million fake gold scam to be detained at Industrial Area Prison
Kenyan men spend more on mobile services than women – report
Nairobi businessman charged with conspiracy to defraud a Malawian Ksh.67M
Nyeri releases gender policy to address GBV cases.
DCI detectives to investigate the shooting of student in Nakuru
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article FIFA president tells women to ‘pick the right battles’ in pursuit of equal pay
Next Article Before hundreds of protesters were killed, Egypt debated less lethal options, report says
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

about us

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.

Recent Posts

  • SWAP DEAL ON THE CARDS? Barcelona Considering Shock Move for Alexander Isak in Blockbuster Swap + Cash Proposal Involving Fermín López, With Lewandowski Waiting in the Wings
  • #Manchester United have reportedly approached Aston Villa for Emiliano Martinez!
  • #Transfer: ‘We can’t afford Man United’s demand’ – Real Betis pulls out on Antony deal
  • Transfer: Arsenal, Liverpool confirm deals for Kabia, McConnell
  • #EPL: Gary Neville, Roy Keane express worry over two Man Utd players

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
© Newsunplug Kenya. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?