By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Reading: Gospel artist William Getumbe arrested after 7-day warning period
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Newsunplug Kenya > Blog > Entertainment > Gospel artist William Getumbe arrested after 7-day warning period
EntertainmentMetro

Gospel artist William Getumbe arrested after 7-day warning period

new5nuke
Last updated: March 12, 2024 2:46 pm
new5nuke
1 year ago
Share
SHARE

Eldoret-based gospel musician William Getumbe has been arrested and taken to the Kapsoya Police Station.

A statement by the Kenya Films and Commission Board (KFCB), said the singer failed to stop distributing and exhibiting a gospel song that had been classified as obscene and blasphemous under the Films and Stage Play Act, Cap 222 of the Laws of Kenya.

His arrest came after a seven-day notice issued to him for violations of the aforementioned law expired.

Some of the charges include, filming without a license which contravenes Part II, Section 4 of Cap 222, distribution and exhibition of unclassified audio-visual content in breach of Part III, Section 12 of Cap 222, distribution, public exhibition, and possession of ‘obscene’ cinematograph films and public exhibition of indecent shows/performances tending to corrupt morals contrary to Section 181 (1) (a) and (e) of the Penal Code.

The artist will be arraigned in Court on March 13, 2024, to face the following charges:

The board said that its strong stance against the creation, distribution, possession, broadcasting, and exhibition of ‘indecent’ content that goes against the values and morals of Kenyan society.

READ MORE  Woman charged with forgery in Moi Barracks land dispute

“As the Government agency mandated to regulate film and broadcast content space within the country, the Board urges all content creators to create content that promotes Kenya’s culture, moral values, and National aspirations, while ensuring that children are not exposed to inappropriate content.

“To this effect, the Board is collaborating with relevant platform owners to pull down the targeted content,” added KFCB.

Getumbe was issued a demand letter alongside fellow musician Embarambamba who complied with the board’s demands to “submit all his content (music videos) to KFCB for examination and classification for age appropriateness and acquire a filming license from KFCB before embarking on any new productions, and submit the same for classification for age-appropriateness before exhibiting to the public.”

Getumbe is famed for the song ‘Yesu Ninyandue’.

KFCB called on members of the public to report any cases of indecent content distributed or exhibited on social media.

It also said that letters have also been sent to various platform operators to pull down the inappropriate content.

Motorist charged with assaulting traffic cop in Nairobi
Officer fatally stabbed during altercation outside Embakasi pub in Nairobi
Man who praised French teacher’s murder jailed in UK
Nyamira man jumps into a well after dispute with his wife, body retrieved in 5 hours
Police capture impostor of Eric Latiff
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article Brazil legend, Ronaldo speaks on Lionel Messi vs Cristiano Ronaldo debate
Next Article Health workers to commence strike
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

about us

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.

Recent Posts

  • SWAP DEAL ON THE CARDS? Barcelona Considering Shock Move for Alexander Isak in Blockbuster Swap + Cash Proposal Involving Fermín López, With Lewandowski Waiting in the Wings
  • #Manchester United have reportedly approached Aston Villa for Emiliano Martinez!
  • #Transfer: ‘We can’t afford Man United’s demand’ – Real Betis pulls out on Antony deal
  • Transfer: Arsenal, Liverpool confirm deals for Kabia, McConnell
  • #EPL: Gary Neville, Roy Keane express worry over two Man Utd players

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
© Newsunplug Kenya. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?