By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Reading: Inter-clan fighting near Tana River claimed six additional lives.
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Newsunplug Kenya > Blog > Metro > Inter-clan fighting near Tana River claimed six additional lives.
Metro

Inter-clan fighting near Tana River claimed six additional lives.

Ivy Irungu
Last updated: October 10, 2024 5:22 pm
Ivy Irungu
11 months ago
Share
SHARE

Following the recent death of eight people in ongoing clashes in Tana River County, another six lives have been lost as tensions between local communities persist. The fighting, which began nearly a week ago in the Anole area, has since spread to other villages, including Nanighi.

Hundreds of residents have fled their homes, seeking safety and refuge, with many nursing injuries and some fighting for their lives in hospitals.

“I was born here; the events we are witnessing are not ordinary,” Abdi Mogow, a local resident, told Citizen TV.

Some of the injured claim that five people were killed last Friday, while four others were injured and hospitalized. Many residents are blaming the violence on political motivations.

“These conflicts are politically motivated; the problem is that the security apparatus has failed,” another local resident said.

It is believed the violence stemmed from the Tana River County government’s decision to offer land to resettle flood victims who had previously lived along the Tana River banks. The flood victims were relocated to an area along the Garissa-Hola road, angering the native pastoralist community, who claimed the land was theirs, used for grazing and watering points.

READ MORE  Kisumu: KNUT Secretary General Collins Oyuu involved in a road accident

“We have ensured that security will return to normal,” said Coast Regional Commander Roda Onyanja.

The latest killings occurred just hours after a security team had visited the area and assured residents of their safety. The Inspector General of Police had also previously assured the community that the Kenya Defence Forces had been deployed to maintain security.

“Help us identify people with guns; these guns are being used to kill people,” said George Seda, the Deputy Director of Operations at the National Police Service (NPS).

The clashes come one week after five political leaders from Tana River County were summoned to appear before the National Unity and Cooperation Commission on October 8 to discuss the situation surrounding the ongoing conflict.

Residents are now calling on security forces to take swift action and guarantee their safety.

Over missing bursaries, Mombasa’s Elimu Fund board immediately took action.
How security guard was killed gangsters during robbery next to police station
Police recover 3,000 bottles of alcohol bearing fake KRA stamps
Boda Boda Group In Migori Begins To Sanitize Dirty Riders
EACC officers arrest 2 women impersonating law enforcement officers in Kakamega
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article All set for Masaku Safari Sevens
Next Article India honors businessman Ratan Tata with a state funeral.
about us

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.

Recent Posts

  • SWAP DEAL ON THE CARDS? Barcelona Considering Shock Move for Alexander Isak in Blockbuster Swap + Cash Proposal Involving Fermín López, With Lewandowski Waiting in the Wings
  • #Manchester United have reportedly approached Aston Villa for Emiliano Martinez!
  • #Transfer: ‘We can’t afford Man United’s demand’ – Real Betis pulls out on Antony deal
  • Transfer: Arsenal, Liverpool confirm deals for Kabia, McConnell
  • #EPL: Gary Neville, Roy Keane express worry over two Man Utd players

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
© Newsunplug Kenya. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?