By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Reading: KNEC withholds KCSE results for 2 schools in Nandi county
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Newsunplug Kenya > Blog > News > KNEC withholds KCSE results for 2 schools in Nandi county
News

KNEC withholds KCSE results for 2 schools in Nandi county

new5nuke
Last updated: January 10, 2024 7:37 am
new5nuke
2 years ago
Share
SHARE

Teachers, parents and students at Samoei Boys Secondary in Nandi Hills constituency and Taachasis Girls in Tinderet have been left in disbelief after the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) withheld their 2023 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examinations (KCSE) results.

Last year, Samoei Boys Secondary School trounced others in the Nandi region as the best-performed school in KCSE results with a mean grade of B+ and a mean score of 9.8, beating well-known performing schools in Nandi county

However, the 2023 KCSE results left teachers, students and parents in a state of disbelief after the results which were to be obtained from the portal for individual students were withheld by KNEC for no apparent reasons

Nandi Hills MP Bernard Kitur, while speaking to members of the press at Samoei Boys Secondary School, said it was so heartbreaking for KNEC to put parents and students in darkness over their results.

“We are really in shock as to why such can happen. How can you release results as education CS or KNEC if you know you haven’t completed your investigation to remove any worries over the performance if that is the case? Samoei Boys has been a great performing school here in Nandi East, it is very unfair for candidates and parents that they had to go through such,” Kitur lamented.

READ MORE  Houses inside Machakos Prison owned by civilian landlords- taskforce reveals

“Last year Samoei Boys posted a mean of 9.8. We celebrated together the sterling performance. The 2023 class dubbed ‘the Legends’ had been prepared well and we knew they would break records and even be the top school not only in the region but nationally. It was a determined class,” the Nandi Hills MP added.

A total of 292 students who sat for KCSE at Samoei Boys are yet to know their fate.

Paul Suge, a parent at Samoei Boys, expressed shock at KNEC’s decision to withhold candidates’ results.

“We sorted fees on time, every now and then we have been here encouraging our students to make us parents proud. We want the KNEC to be human enough to innocent students who did their part fairly,” Suge said

The parent wondered why other schools that were even openly involved in exam malpractices and aired in media received their results but Samoei Boys which was never reported nor involved in such practices did not get the results.

In Taachasis Girls Secondary School in Tinderet, a total of 182 students did not also get their results.

READ MORE  My Doubts Are Gone, I Support NADCO Report – Gachagua

Parents were perplexed over the same developments as they were trying to fetch their children’s results from the KNEC portal.

Naivas technical hitch leaves customers stranded for hours
Workers at Kakamega are in the red due to unpaid invoices.
KNH’s billions to Linda Mama, the insurer
France To Host Humanitarian Conference In April For Sudan
Finance Bill 2025: Gov’t substitutes new taxes for reliefs which could increase cost of consumer goods
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article Mystery as 61-year-old Siaya man found dead inside lodging
Next Article State given 14 days to charge Shakahola Massacre suspects
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

about us

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.

Recent Posts

  • #Transfer: ‘We can’t afford Man United’s demand’ – Real Betis pulls out on Antony deal
  • Transfer: Arsenal, Liverpool confirm deals for Kabia, McConnell
  • #EPL: Gary Neville, Roy Keane express worry over two Man Utd players
  • Mourinho sacked as Fenerbahce manager
  • Ebang Engonga jailed for embezzlement after s3x tape scandal

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
© Newsunplug Kenya. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?