Ritchie Mdosi and Rena Favoured reconcile months after split

new5nuke

Film director and digital content creator Richard Kamau, alias Director Ritchie, and his wife, Rena Solomon, have reconciled months after separation.

The two confirmed they are back together through an emotional joint statement, which reflected on their journey, mistakes, and the decision to rebuild their marriage.

“We all make mistakes sometimes. None of us are perfect, and in moments of weakness, we may fall short. But through the mercy of God, we are given another chance another opportunity to grow, to forgive, and to fight for what truly matters,” the couple’s joint message reads.

“By His grace, we have been given another chance to fight for our marriage, to rebuild with love, patience, and understanding.”

In a video also shared on both their official Instagram accounts on Friday, February 20, 2026, Rena said that they had been praying for restoration, and now that restoration had taken place, they had decided to give their marriage a second chance for their sake, their children, and for the glory of God.

 Rena Solomon,
Digital Content creator Rena Solomon. PHOTO/@renafavoured/Instagram

She added that a lot had happened since October, revealing that they had separated and Ritchie had chosen to move on, a decision she had accepted because they had mutually agreed on it.

READ MORE  EXCLUSIVE: Bien explains why Sauti Sol doesn’t perform on national celebrations

However, she noted that he later felt it was not the right thing to do.

“A lot has been happening from the month of October until now; we had separated, and he had decided to move on, which I do not have an issue with because we had all agreed but unfortunately, he felt he was not doing the right thing,” Rena said.

“We were praying for restoration, and restoration has happened. We have decided to give this a second chance, for the sake of us, our children, and for the sake of God’s glory.”

Separation

This comes after Ritchie opened up about his breakup with Rena Solomon.

Speaking during an interview with Nicholas Kioko on Monday, December 8, 2025, he said that the breakup had actually occurred almost a year ago but became public knowledge only two weeks ago, and he emphasised that keeping the separation private had been a conscious choice.

Ritchie during a past event. PHOTO/@directorritchie/Instagram
Ritchie during a past event. PHOTO/@directorritchie/Instagram

“After being with my partner for 14 years. After the wedding, we stayed together for only two years before breaking up. The breakup actually happened about a year ago, but people only learned about it two weeks ago. I had been keeping it private,” he said.

READ MORE  Amber Ray on how she met her bae Ken Rapudo

Ritchie added that despite efforts to reconcile, the only fruitful outcome of discussions over the past year has been ensuring the welfare of their children, and he underscored that attempting to force a reunion could have created more harm than good.

“I still believe marriage works despite my own experience. I see people whose marriages succeed, like the WaJesus family, the Murayas, and others. People go through issues—some you can solve, others you cannot, and sometimes you simply haven’t found the right person. Since we broke up, I’ve made efforts to communicate with my ex-wife. People online even asked my family to intervene to see whether we could rekindle our relationship, but our discussions have mostly focused on our children,” he said.

 

Share This Article