By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Reading: Tension in Kirinyaga as third suspected Mungiki member killed, house set on fire
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Newsunplug Kenya > Blog > Metro > Tension in Kirinyaga as third suspected Mungiki member killed, house set on fire
Metro

Tension in Kirinyaga as third suspected Mungiki member killed, house set on fire

new5nuke
Last updated: February 6, 2025 4:15 pm
new5nuke
7 months ago
Share
SHARE

Tension remains high in the South-Ngariama ranching scheme in Mwea-East sub-county, Kirinyaga County as angry residents continue to flush out members of the outlawed Mungiki sect from the region.

On Thursday, a 50-year-old man suspected to be a member of the gang was killed and his house with all his belongings set ablaze at Itangi Trading Centre.

“He was alone in the house as he had been selling tomatoes and onions at this place but his first wife lives at Kadawa trading centres. We knew he was a member of the outlawed sect but he decided to play hide and seek game with us,” Angry residents said after setting his house on fire.

Mwea-East Sub-County Police Commander Mohammed Jarso confirmed the incident condemning the residents for taking the law into their own hands.

“Moses Njagi was killed by the angry residents of the scheme. Unfortunately, the man is no more. Let us respect lives,” said the police boss.

Angry residents of the 28,000 acres of land in the South-Ngariama ranching scheme began flushing out members of the outlawed sect on January 29, 2025, where they killed one member and another on January 30 2025, accusing them of raiding the scheme since last year.

READ MORE  Brazilian woman arrested after taking dead uncle to the bank to secure a loan

They say the gang had been forcefully taking residents’ pieces of land and at times raping their wives.

“We will flush out all of them, they had started raping our wives. Imagine someone taking your wife by force and you are there waiting for her to come the following day without asking her any questions,” one of the residents who concealed his identity lamented.

Over 500 residents of the scheme are spending sleepless nights looking for the sect members as old men stay home to guard women and children.

“We have information that this man was told by the security team to leave his place but he was a little late because we were already after him,” the residents said.

The security team in the Mwea-East Sub-County Led by Deputy County Commissioner Fred Ayieko held a security meeting at Itangi Shopping Centre this evening where he urged residents of South -Ngariama to respect the law and avoid taking the law into their own hands.

Student dies after being knocked by police van chasing after bhang smuggler
Nairobi tops counties where women have a say on how men spend cash
Police Deployed To Disperse Hundreds Queuing For World Coin Data Collection
After being forbidden from selling cows without his father’s approval, a boy kills himself.
After recovering the body of a Kirinyaga man who drowned over a Ksh. 300 wager, the diver was cheated out of his salary.
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article Embu: 52-year-old man killed, body dumped in a thicket
Next Article Amorim won’t regret letting Rashford leave Man Utd – Paul Parker
about us

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.

Recent Posts

  • #Transfer: ‘We can’t afford Man United’s demand’ – Real Betis pulls out on Antony deal
  • Transfer: Arsenal, Liverpool confirm deals for Kabia, McConnell
  • #EPL: Gary Neville, Roy Keane express worry over two Man Utd players
  • Mourinho sacked as Fenerbahce manager
  • Ebang Engonga jailed for embezzlement after s3x tape scandal

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
© Newsunplug Kenya. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?