By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Reading: We Warned Russia Of The Attack Earlier This Month US says
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Newsunplug Kenya > Blog > News > We Warned Russia Of The Attack Earlier This Month US says
NewsPolitics

We Warned Russia Of The Attack Earlier This Month US says

hallanaija
Last updated: March 23, 2024 11:23 am
hallanaija
1 year ago
Share
SHARE

American officials have been quick to confirm that the US has intelligence confirming the Islamic State claim it carried out the attack in Moscow.

The BBC’s US news partner CBS has spoken to a source familiar with the intelligence, who says there has been a steady stream of information – dating back to November – about IS wanting to strike in Russia.

Some highly specific information was passed on to the Russian government, despite the frosty relations between Washington and Moscow.

It has not been confirmed, but it is likely, that this is information that was referred to in the state department warning two weeks ago: Americans in Moscow were told to avoid large gatherings, and specifically warned about concerts.

The State Department said the US was “monitoring reports that extremists have imminent plans to target large gatherings”. The warning did not at that time name the group it was referring to.

The White House  has confirmed that it warned Russian authorities earlier in March about an attack possibly targeting “large gatherings” in Moscow.

READ MORE  State launches skills database to address workforce challenges

“Earlier this month, the US government had information about a planned terrorist attack in Moscow – potentially targeting large gatherings, to include concerts,” National Security Council spokeswoman Adrienne Watson said.

Washington “shared this information with Russian authorities”, she added.

Gordon Corera, the BBC’s security correspondent, earlier stated that the Kremlin shrugged these warnings off as “propaganda” – even after the US made its concerns public to Americans staying in Russia.

In his absence, senators will move forward with the DP ouster trial.
200 Kenyan police officers depart for Haiti in a second wave.
Vihiga County Closes Mumboha Stadium
CBK Probing Digital Lenders Over Fraud Concerns
List of 9 counties that will have no electricity on Thursday
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article Gunmen Kill More Than 60 In Concert Attack Near Moscow, Islamic State Claims Responsibility
Next Article Australia To Contribute $3bn For Construction Of AUKUS Submarines
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

about us

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.

Recent Posts

  • #Transfer: ‘We can’t afford Man United’s demand’ – Real Betis pulls out on Antony deal
  • Transfer: Arsenal, Liverpool confirm deals for Kabia, McConnell
  • #EPL: Gary Neville, Roy Keane express worry over two Man Utd players
  • Mourinho sacked as Fenerbahce manager
  • Ebang Engonga jailed for embezzlement after s3x tape scandal

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
© Newsunplug Kenya. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?