Woman in viral video leaked by Russian man apologises to Ruto

new5nuke

One of the Kenyan women at the centre of a viral video filmed and leaked by a Russian man has publicly apologised to President William Ruto.

In a candid conversation with digital content creator 2mbili in an episode aired on Monday, February 16, 2026, the woman, who identifies as Choice, said that she was unaware that her recorded videos would be shared online without her consent.

“I just want to say this, Mr President, that I am at a dating stage in my life, and I did not know they would be posted online without my consent. I am sorry this is not who I am,” Choice apologised.

She described the recording as a violation that happened during what she termed her vulnerable moments, adding that she never imagined she would trend for such reasons.

“It was so wrong that he recorded me during my vulnerable moments with him and posted me. I am not that type of person, I am very ambitious, and I never saw myself trending in this way,” she added.

Choice, one of the women filmed by a Russian man, PHOTO/screengrab by K24 Digital from a video posted by 2mbili on YouTube
Choice, one of the women filmed by a Russian man, PHOTO/screengrab by K24 Digital from a video posted by 2mbili on YouTube

Choice also apologised to her parents, close friends and the country, acknowledging the disappointment the situation may have caused.

READ MORE  Actress, Jennifer Lawrence finally reveals the gender of her second child six months after birth

In addition, she urged Kenyans not to judge her based on the trending video.

“I am sorry to my parents and true friends, and I am sorry to my country,” Choice added.

“Please, guys, do not judge me by just a clip, this is not what I do. I am a content creator, and I have a lot of potential, and that is why I know people are disappointed, especially my family and close friends.”

Relationship with the Russian

She admitted that she believed in love and trusted the man involved.

“I believed in love; I believed in his charisma. he was very charismatic,” she added.

Choice, one of the women filmed by a Russian man, PHOTO/screengrab by K24 Digital from a video posted by 2mbili on YouTube

In addition, Choice explained the context of their relationship, noting that the pressure surrounding the situation has been intense. She revealed that the two had been dating for a while before he came to Kenya.

Initially, she believed he was primarily a content creator and streamer, and much of their interaction involved filming for his work.

“We were dating for a while until he came to Kenya to meet me, for me, I thought he was just a streamer, even in the house, I knew he was doing content,” she disclosed.

READ MORE  Ciku Muiruri’s daughter rescued 8 days after kidnapping incident

“He had told me he does streaming and does content creation for a living, and he also travels across the world. That is why I agreed to it because I thought it was just the normal content creation.”

Share This Article