By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Reading: Footballer Dani Alves is ‘depressed’ as he awaits verdict of alleged r@pe trial
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Newsunplug Kenya > Blog > Sports > Footballer Dani Alves is ‘depressed’ as he awaits verdict of alleged r@pe trial
Sports

Footballer Dani Alves is ‘depressed’ as he awaits verdict of alleged r@pe trial

new5nuke
Last updated: February 19, 2024 10:34 am
new5nuke
2 years ago
Share
SHARE

Former Barcelona defender, Dani Alves is reportedly ‘depressed’ in prison as he waits for the verdict of his alleged rape trial. 

The Brians 2 prison is reportedly taking ‘extreme measures’ to look after Alves. 

Alves’ sexual assault trial got underway in Barcelona earlier this month as a woman claimed she was raped by him.

State prosecutors have said they wanted him jailed for nine years if convicted of raping a 23-year-old woman in a toilet at Barcelona’s upmarket Sutton nightclub on December 30, 2022.

However, Fiesta, via SPORT, reports that an ex-cellmate of Alves called ‘Coutinho’ has spoken out about the former defender’s mental spiral. 

As a result of the trial, he has been hit by the slump. He’s kind of depressed, crestfallen. Educators and officials are supporting him,’ ‘Coutinho’ said. 

Footballer Dani Alves is

For the avoidance of doubt, it is worth clarifying that ‘Coutinho’ is not to be confused with Alves’ former Brazil team-mate Philippe Coutinho. 

Court proceedings in Alves’ trial took place from February 5 to February 7. 

Alves has maintained that he is innocent of the charges levelled against him. 

READ MORE  Allen, a Dallas Cowboys great, passes away at 52

His defence asked for an acquittal, or if found guilty a one-year sentence plus £42,000 (€50,000) compensation for the victim. 

The 40-year-old secured permission to take the stand on the last day after the 28 witnesses, including his female accuser and his model wife Joana Sanz, testified.

He has insisted he had consensual sex with the woman who has accused him of forcing himself on her. 

After seeing bail refused last June, Alves told Cuatro programme ‘En Boca de todos’: ‘It will be proven that I am not guilty and it was a consensual relationship. It would never cross my mind to impose a sexual act on anyone.’

On the final day of his trial, Alves told the court that the sex between him and his accuser had been consensual.

He said: ‘I am not that type of man; I am not a violent man.’

The alleged victim told state prosecutors that she danced with Alves and willingly entered the bathroom, but said that later when she wanted to leave he would not let her.

She said he slapped her, insulted her and forced her to have sexual relations against her will.

READ MORE  Champions League: Real Madrid, Bayern semi-final first leg ends in 2-2 draw

‘She never told me to stop. We were both enjoying ourselves,’ Alves said while repeating that the woman never asked to leave or made any indication that she did not want to have sexual relations with him.

He also denied having slapped or insulted her.

Captain Chilo of the Water Queen declares, “We are prepared to defend our title.”
#EPL: Rashford receives three offers to leave Man Utd
According to Vlahovic, Juventus performed like a “possessed” squad.
#Transfer: Neymar drops hint on team he will play for next season
Transfer: Three players to leave Arsenal after Arteta signs Rice, Timber
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article Israel unanimously votes to reject all calls for deals to create Palestinian state
Next Article EPL: He can do everything – Guardiola names world’s best midfielder
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

about us

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.

Recent Posts

  • #Transfer: ‘We can’t afford Man United’s demand’ – Real Betis pulls out on Antony deal
  • Transfer: Arsenal, Liverpool confirm deals for Kabia, McConnell
  • #EPL: Gary Neville, Roy Keane express worry over two Man Utd players
  • Mourinho sacked as Fenerbahce manager
  • Ebang Engonga jailed for embezzlement after s3x tape scandal

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
© Newsunplug Kenya. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?