By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Reading: Is Firat likely to be Ronaldo’s next boss?
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
Font ResizerAa
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
  • News
    • Metro
    • Politics
    • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Sports
  • Tech
  • Spotify
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Newsunplug Kenya > Blog > Sports > Is Firat likely to be Ronaldo’s next boss?
Sports

Is Firat likely to be Ronaldo’s next boss?

hallanaija
Last updated: April 18, 2023 7:35 pm
hallanaija
2 years ago
Share
SHARE

National football team Harambee Stars head coach Engin Firat has been listed among the two coaches likely to be hired to replace Rudi Garcia at Saudi Arabia league side Al Nassr.

According to Iha News and other several Arabian newspapers, Firat — who is preparing Harambee Stars for next year’s World Cup qualifiers — and Croatian Zlatko Dalic are the front runners to land the job.

If Firat lands the job, he will coach one of the greatest players in the world, Cristiano Ronaldo, who joined the team last year.

The news outlet also claims that there is a possibility that the new coach of the Saudi Arabian national team which featured at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, might be chosen from those two names, and that if they are to be the new leaders, a hefty amount of transfer fees will be paid to terminate their contracts with their current teams.

Speaking to People Sport yesterday in Nairobi, Firat confirmed having been contacted with Al Nassr over the job, but said that he still had unfinished business with Harambee Stars which he wants to help qualify for the 2030 World Cup.

READ MORE  #Transfer: Varane joins new club after talks with Fabregas

“It is true that Al Nassr has contacted my agent about the coaching job, but I will not leave Harambee Stars before I finished the Kenyan project. I promised Football Kenya Federation (FKF) president Nick Mwendwa and Kenyans at large that I want to prepare a formidable team for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers from early next year and eventually help the country qualify for its first ever World Cup,” Firat said.

Al Nassr is currently second in the 16-team table on 53 points from 23 matches played, trailing the leaders Al Ittihad FC by three points.

On Friday, Ronaldo a five-time Ballon D’or winner, sent a heartfelt message to Rudi Garcia following the dismissal of the French manager at Al-Nassr the previous day.

Firat

Garcia parted ways with the Saudi club only eight months into his role as head coach, on the back of the club’s slump in form which was worsened by their costly draw with Al-Feiha.

Aside from the club’s downward spiral in form, Spanish publication, Marca reported that a fight with his players in the dressing room also contributed to the 59-year-old’s dismissal from the job.

READ MORE  EPL: Arteta names player who ‘dominated’ Crystal Palace vs Arsenal game

Despite the reported friction between Ronaldo and Rudi Garcia, the former took time out of his schedule to send a thoughtful message to his former boss.

“Pleasure to have worked with you. Wishing you all the best for the future,” Ronaldo posted on his Instagram story.

The former Marseille and Lyon coach Garcia was appointed at AL Nassr in July last year and enjoyed a successful spell that saw him average 2.27 points per match.

UCL: You could’ve crossed – Thierry Henry criticizes Inter Milan striker
‘He’s not performing’ – Saha slams Man Utd star, wants Brighton’s Mitoma at Old Trafford
Nadal ends his “incredible” tennis career due to exhaustion.
#Transfer: Mbappe informs PSG of his decision to leave club
PSG in need of reset in future without Messi
Share This Article
Facebook Email Print
Previous Article South Africa Golf: South Africa stay top as Kenyans struggle
Next Article Father and son found murdered, bodies buried in shallow grave
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

about us

We influence 20 million users and is the number one business and technology news network on the planet.

Recent Posts

  • #Manchester United have reportedly approached Aston Villa for Emiliano Martinez!
  • #Transfer: ‘We can’t afford Man United’s demand’ – Real Betis pulls out on Antony deal
  • Transfer: Arsenal, Liverpool confirm deals for Kabia, McConnell
  • #EPL: Gary Neville, Roy Keane express worry over two Man Utd players
  • Mourinho sacked as Fenerbahce manager

Recent Comments

No comments to show.
Newsunplug KenyaNewsunplug Kenya
© Newsunplug Kenya. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?